Academic Collaborator Member Institutions
Academic Affiliate Member Institutions
University of Nevada Las Vegas Registration and Course Completion Procedures
Outlined below are the steps required for students to enroll and complete a course at UNLV as a NEXus TEACHING Institution.
1. Course Identification:
Student identifies course/s at www.winnexus.org.
2. Communicate with HOME Faculty Advisor:
Course selections should be approved by the student’s advisor.
3. Contact HOME Institution:
The Campus Faculty Coordinator (CFC) and the Campus Staff Coordinator (CSC) at the student’s HOME institution need to be contacted about the student’s plan to enroll in a NEXus course.
4. NEXus Tracking:
Download and submit a completed NEXus Tracking Form to HOME Campus Staff Coordinator.
5. HOME Institution Consortium Agreement form:
If you are receiving financial aid, complete and route your HOME Institution Consortium Agreement Form to have funds applied towards NEXus courses. (see consortium agreement for routing information)
6. Contact TEACHING Institution:
Incoming students please contact
Campus Staff Coordinator (CSC): Elisa Watts
7. Registration Deadlines:
Students must apply/register according to the deadlines stated by each individual Teaching Institution. Please visit the following link to see important deadline dates: http://www.winnexus.org/registration-deadlines
8. Apply to TEACHING Institution:
- Student must complete a non-degree seeking application online at https://unlv-gradcollege.force.com/Portal_Login; click the "Pay by Check" box when submitting.
- Once submitted, student must forward the confirmation email requesting payment to the UNLV CSC.
- Student does NOT need to submit transcripts.
- If you attended UNLV as a non-degree seeking student the previous term, you do not need to reapply.
- UNLV CSC needs NEXus Tracking Form first to track process through Grad College.
9. Student Account:
Student will receive a password for WebCampus / Blackboard Learn.
10. Student Notification:
Once registered, the student should go to https://www.unlv.edu/nursing/student-resources to review all current graduate student resources.
11. Course Enrollment:
The CSC will email the student when he/she has permission to register for the course. The student must register for the course on MyUNLV.
The course will be available via WebCampus/Blackboard.
After registering for the course the student will pay the NEXus common price of $775.00 per semester credit online through MyUNLV.
14. Teaching Faculty Contact:
The instructor posts everything related to the course in WebCampus. The instructor will communicate through WebCampus and/or the student's UNLV email address.
15. Course materials/ Library access:
Student completes course.
The student must notify the Instructor and UNLV CSC .
Student/s submits a UNLV NEXus Transcript Request Form to the UNLV CSC. To avoid fees, DO NOT request a transcript online.
The graduate school does not need transcripts. The UNLV CSC will send a memo that states the student is enrolled in a PhD Program. If a student enrolls in two courses within an academic year, the student only needs to submit a new consortium agreement if on financial aid. If a student enrolls in two different academic calendar years, the student only needs to submit a new consortium agreement if on financial aid.
Glossary of terms
CSC – Campus Staff Coordinator
CFC – Campus Faculty Coordinator
HOME – Institution student will obtain degree from
TEACHING – Institution student is taking course from